Monday, July 17, 2017

Hello from Pasadena!



Always tired.


At the temple with Carlos, Eduardo, Vicky and Edward. They are an awesome family.


Hello everyone!

What a crazy week it has been! As usual though haha! This week we had
meetings three days in a row and then we were gone from Pasadena
Saturday and most of Sunday. Saturday we left because I was asked to
sing at a funeral for a stillborn child. It was really humbling to see
the family come together in love at a time of trials. It made me feel
really grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, which makes it
possible to have family ties last forever, after death! I know that is
true and possible through the temple. We went to the temple visitors
center after church on Sunday with some of the people we are teaching
and that experience reaffirmed my knowledge that my family will be
together forever. I love my family, sorry to all y'all out there but
my family is the best. I cannot imagine heaven without my family.
At the visitors center, Carlos, one of the people we are teaching who
went with us, asked us what drove us to continue in this church, what
drove us to believe it, and that really made me think. Why am I here,
in California on a mission? Why do I believe that the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ on the
earth? As I thought, I realized that my answer boiled down to two
simple facts:
1. I love my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and know that
They love me.
2. I love my family and want to be together with them forever.
Those two facts give me the motivation to keep going when it gets
hard. Because my Father and Christ love me, they have provided a way
for me to be happy with my family forever. And I know that They have
provided that for every single person on the earth. That is why I am a
missionary - to help other families have the same hope and comfort
that I have, and to be able to have forever families.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Hirschi

Free slurpee day!

No comments:

Post a Comment