Monday, February 26, 2018

Hello from El Molino!

Hello everyone!

Sorry that it has been so long. The time always seems to go so much faster on Mondays, and my fingers never seem to be able to type fast enough to write everyone back!

The past few weeks have been busy and crazy! Many of you may have heard that my mom has cancer again. That has been difficult news for me to process as I'm still here in California, but I have felt a subtle but sure feeling of peace as I have prayed and asked my Father in Heaven to look out for my family. As I was studying the other day, I came across the words to a hymn that I had never heard before.

"God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.

Ye fearful Saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head."

(Hymn 285: God Moves in Mysterious Ways)

What beautiful, comforting words! I know that they are true! God truly does ride upon the storm, and my family and I have seen so many blessings poured out upon us. I know that He is there each step of the way. Also in Spanish the song is called "Dios obra con maravillas" (God works with wonders) and I like that even more!

I love being a missionary. There are only 3 short weeks left before I board a plane back to Idaho, and I am so full of gratitude to God for the marvelous opportunity that I have had to be His hands here in California.

We are teaching some AMAZING people, several of whom have expressed desires to be baptized. We are working with others who are working to overcome difficult family situations, others struggle with drug addictions. Others have no interest at all in listening to two white girls speak Spanish with somewhat of a gringa accent. No matter what the case, I know that this message has blessed and will bless and can bless their lives, your life, and my life. This is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the greatest teacher and leader who ever walked the earth, and He continues to teach and lead us through His prophet, through the Holy Spirit, and through the scriptures. There truly is peace in Christ.

I love each of you and I am so grateful that I know you.

Love,
Hermana Hirschi



No comments:

Post a Comment