Monday, December 26, 2016

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas, full of food and family and
Christ! Yesterday was a very different, yet special Christmas for me!
I've decided that I'm not a fan of being away from my family,
especially during the holidays, but I realized that no sacrifice of
mine could ever compare to the sacrifice of Christ, and so I am more
than content to be here in California, serving He who gave all for me
and you. AND I've gained an even greater appreciation of modern
technology - I was able to FaceTime with my family for 40 minutes
yesterday and I am so grateful for the technology that made that
possible!

On Christmas Eve, Hermana Hirschi and I went to a nursing home with
Elder Cho and Elder Condie, the elders who work in our area with us
(they speak English though and we teach primarily in Spanish), and we
put on a small Christmas program for the residents there whose
families weren't there. As we sang Christmas songs and read the
Christmas story, my heart was full of love for each person, each child
of God who was there in the room with us. I wished that I could convey
to each of them personally how much Heavenly Father loves them, and I
hope we were able to do that through our music.

I'm looking forward to this new year! I will be lucky enough to spend
all 365 days of 2017 here in California, serving and loving the people
I meet here! What a blessing it is to be serving the Lord, even if my
humble service could never even begin to repay Him for all He has
done.

I am grateful for each of you and for your love and support. Thank you
to all who sent cards or letters or emails or packages wishing me a
merry Christmas! I am so lucky to have so many friends and family all
over the world.

I love each of you, and pray that God will be with you this next week
and the beginning of this new year!

Love,

Hermana Hirschi

Hermana Sarah Hirschi | Arcadia California Mission
Mailing Address:
614 W Foothill Blvd
Arcadia, CA 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment