Monday, October 2, 2017

El Monte Week 7 🙌🏻🌞

Hello everyone! 

We had transfers this weekend and I will be staying in El Monte with Sister Angomas! I am really excited to be able to continue to learn from her and to work hard in this part of the Lord's vineyard. 

This past week was yet another crazy one. We were able to help out a little more with the missionaries who arrived from Puerto Rico which was a big blessing for us. We helped some of the sisters we work with and spent a lot of time inviting people to come to General Conference this weekend! Only one family that we invited came, which was really a bummer since General Conference is literally the coolest thing ever. A living prophet speaks to the whole world, just like Moses, Noah and Abraham did! So I guess it's to be expected that people won't want to listen, since there were plenty of people who didn't listen to them. But I am grateful for the counsel they gave. Some of the things that stood out to me from the words of the living prophets and apostles were these:

-We can follow Christ's example and serve those around us. There is so much suffering, so many needs in the world to day. We won't be able to fix all of that, but we can help those around us. Each person is daily fighting a battle, struggling to improve or to be happy, and we can serve them if we listen to the small inspirations that the Holy Spirit gives us to serve a specific person.

- Christ's doctrine is here on the earth today, in its pure and original form. We don't have to wonder where the things He taught are! They are here, restored in their full simplicity. I am so grateful for the knowledge of that restored truth, the knowledge that my family can be together forever thanks to restored priesthood power. The only way to true and lasting happiness is through following the path He left behind, the path He restored through His prophet Joseph Smith. 

- The Book of Mormon contains the word of God; that pure doctrine and all the answers we seek. Because it contains the word of God, it offers us hope and leads us to true peace, things that only come from the Living God.

For those who didn't have the chance to watch or listen to the inspired apostles speak, I invite you to review their counsel here: conference.lds.org I promise that you will feel God's spirit confirming that these are His words, spoken by His chosen servings. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I have read it every day for the last year and I can testify that it contains the word of God. It offers us hope and peace in this fallen world. I know that Christ is walking with us, inspiring us to lift and serve those around us. We cannot fix all the world's problems, but we can help those around us to find peace and healing in their lives. I know that the true gospel and teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ were restored to a young boy named Joseph Smith, and that those teachings remain in their purity today. We do not have to walk in confusion, God has provided all the answers we need to walk by faith and not by sight. I m ow that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church again on the earth, lead by living prophets and apostles through revelation. 

I love each of you! I love being a missionary and being able to share this unique, wonderful, true, hopeful message with the people here in California.

Love,
Hermana Sarah Hirschi
























Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment