Monday, January 8, 2018

El Monte ☔️ 😊

Hello everyone!

It is raining here in El Monte and I LOVE IT. It makes the earth beautiful and green.

This week was amazing. I don't have a ton of time so here are some highlights:

-Our friends Susana, Mario and Itzel came to church again! They love the Book of Mormon and will be baptized soon. I LOVE them.

-We had a mission conference this week and Elder Dallin H Oaks, one of the 12 Apostles today, came! We each got to shake his hand and I know that he is an apostle. God has given us prophets and apostles today, just like he did in times of old! Revelation did not stop with the Bible! He speaks today through those prophets and apostles.

-Sister Lyman and I found a REALLY good ice cream place in a sketch street mall. I love El Monte.

-There's a big street gang here in El Monte called "El Monte Flores" and this week we were trying to figure out why they would name a big, tough, scary gang something like the El Monte Flowers... 

-I STILL love being a missionary! On the 21st of this month I will have been here for 16 months and I can't imagine doing anything else. I was thinking about some of the people I knew in high school and thinking about how lucky I am, that I've had the last 16 months to develop my relationship with Christ and God while serving others, instead of partying and wasting precious time. I am so grateful for that.

I love you all! Thanks for all you do for me.

Love,
Hermana Hirschi

Meeting Elder Oaks!


EL MONTE FLORES 💐 🌷 🌹 

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment