Monday, November 14, 2016

Hermana Hirschi // Week 2

Hola amigos!

How has this week been for everyone? I hope it's been one full of God's love and influence. It has been for me!

This week was a little more stressful than last week, since we had lots of meetings and we also moved apartments! We had been living outside of our area, and so we moved to an apartment inside our area this week. I love it! We are in the process of decorating, so if anyone has any cute, cheap ideas for decorating an apartment, let me know :)

We were blessed this week to have lots of members of the Church feed us dinners! I've tried some really great Mexican foods, and a couple not so great. My least favorite so far would probably be ceviche. It was made with shrimp and that is one of my least favorite foods, so that was hard to get down. But I prayed a lot in my heart as I was eating and somehow I was able to eat it. I think the favorite dish I've tried so far has been tostadas with beans and salsa and guacamole and cheese and lettuce and tomatoes - wow that is delicious. I've tried lots of drinks here too - horchata, agua fresca (basically this super yummy juice) and jamaica (made from hibiscus flowers) and I love all those. 

I've been very humbled by the people here. Lots of them have so little, and they are always so happy. I think it's made me realize even more how you can be happier than the richest man in the world if you have God and your family! Thank goodness I have both :) 

Today I studied a lot about hope. Lots of times I think we view hope as something like "I hope it rains today," or "I hope I get a good grade on this test," but really I think it is so much more! Hope is really meant to be "sure, unwavering, and active." Isn't that beautiful? It's something that is sure. We have a sure hope through Christ, that we can change and be saved if we apply His Atoning Sacrifice in our lives. "And what is it that he shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that he shall have hope through the Atonement of Christ and the power of His resurrection to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in Him." (Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon) I love that. I am working to increase my hope by increasing my faith in Christ this week by trying to rely more on His grace when I am not enough (which is always).

I love you all! Thank you for the support and love and prayers. You are in my prayers as well. God be with you!

Love,
Hermana Hirschi

Hermana Sarah Hirschi | Arcadia California Mission
Mailing Address: 
614 W Foothill Blvd
Arcadia, CA 91006

Pictures:
1. Hermana Wilde and I and her first ever Slurpee!!!
2. Making pancakes with Hermana Arriola
3. An awesome dog we saw cruisin along
4. Missionary selfies are a must at any meetings
5. The sunsets here are INCREDIBLE. Sometimes we can see the outline of LA on the horizon with a brilliantly blazing sky behind it and it takes my breath away.
6. The donut hole. You drive through it and pick out a donut and they're amazing.
7. Hermana Wilde and I made tostadas! 
8. Our fun roommates before we moved! Hermanas Kingston & Arriola















No comments:

Post a Comment