Monday, January 23, 2017

¡Buenos tardes!

¡Hola mis amigos!

This week has been super great! I found out on Saturday that I get to
stay here in Covina for another transfer (6 weeks) and Hermana Hirschi
will be staying here with me! Hooray!! I really love it here and I'm
so grateful for the chance to stay and work and serve here for a
little while longer.

It has been raining SO MUCH here! This morning it even hailed! I love
the rain a lot so it has made me happy. Someone told us this the other
day: "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." I LOVE THAT. So
I've been trying to feel the rain instead of just getting wet this
week and it makes it better when we're walking in the rain with wet
feet and cold hands trying and failing to find people to serve and
teach 😊☔️

Something I was studying a little bit about yesterday is the Atonement
of Jesus Christ in Mosiah 3, in the Book of Mormon. The phrase
"through the atonement" or "through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ" or
some other similar phrase appears so many times and as I highlighted
and read each of them, I was struck by how much power the Atonement of
Jesus Christ has. It has all power to forgive sin, all power to change
human nature, all power to heal broken hearts, all power to save us...
Through Jesus Christ, we have all the potential and ability to become
the men and women He knows we can become. And He never gives up on
that potential, even when we do! His love is infinite and everlasting,
as are the effects of His great Sacrifice. As we turn to Him, He will
close the gap and make up the difference so that we can become changed
through Him. I'm so grateful for Him and that we can change and become
better!

I am once again, really grateful for each of you. For your love,
support, prayers, emails, mail.. I appreciate it all so much. I wish I
could express my gratitude more fully!

Con amor,

Hermana Sarah Hirschi

Hermana Sarah Hirschi | Arcadia California Mission
Mailing Address:
614 W Foothill Blvd
Arcadia, CA 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment