Wednesday, October 12, 2016

HALFWAY THERE & LIVIN ON A PRAYER

Hola amigos! OK the subject line is real for two reasons - one, this week marks the halfway point for my district and I! We have officially been here for 3 weeks and have 3 left! And every day I'm livin on a prayer because I can't do anything without God's help, as I've learned over and over again here. I love being at the MTC and I love learning Spanish.

This week we had a sister from France join our district temporarily! She came early to the MTC so that she could go to the temple today and since her companion and district won't arrive until tomorrow, she's been rooming with Sister Flores and I, which has been super fun. Her name is Hermana Martin, and she has the most beautiful accent and personality. She'll be going to the Montreal Canada mission, speaking both Spanish and French. 

An incredible thank you to everyone who sends me letters, emails and Dear Elders! You are the best and it makes my day to hear from you! I love hearing about your lives and all that goes on. Keep them coming because I promise I'll write you back and also we have a competition in my district to see who gets the most Dear Elders! Instructions for Dear Elders are on my blog :) 

Best part of this week: I GOT TO SEE MY SISTER AT THE TEMPLE. It made my whole day and it makes me happy to just think about it! I love my family and I'm so grateful that I get to be with them forever.

One of the other best parts of this week has probably been singing in the MTC Choir. We are singing the most beautiful arrangement of "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer" and it is so powerful. I can't wait to perform it tonight! My favorite lyrics are these: "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer, we are weak but thou art strong. In thy infinite compassion, stay the tide of sin and wrong! Keep thy loving arms around us, keep us in the narrow way. Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer, let us never from thee stray." How beautiful is that?! Every time we sing it my soul just feels this incredible love and gratitude for Jesus Christ. He is stronger than our largest strengths, and He has the power to conquer all heartache, sin or wrong in this world if we will turn to Him. 

I love being a missionary. I don't think I could ever explain how much joy it gives me to be a representative of Jesus Christ, inviting people to come unto Him! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for His Father and our Father, who loved us each enough to send us His Only Begotten Son. What a miracle His love is. 

Thank you for all your love and support! Thanks to those who read my emails/blog posts - you're the greatest.

I love you all! God be with you!

Sister Sarah Hirschi | California Arcadia Mission

1. EMMA! Ok are we not the cutest sisters ever?

2. Hermana Stringham, me, and Hermana Hansen. They live in the room next door and I love them so much. Hna S is going to Anaheim, CA and Hna Hansen is going to San Antonio, TX.

3. Hna Smith, Hna Wright, Hna Flores, me and Hna Martin. Hna Smith left today for the Everett, WA mission, it's so sad to not see her around anymore!

4. At the temple today! Back row: Hnas Flores, Deakin, Giles and Maclachlan. Front row: Me, Hnas Martin, Hansen and Noorda. I love them all so much!

5. Best district ever - Hna Flores, me, Hna Martin, Elder Hall and Elder Christensen.


6. Cutest sister missionaries ever? I think so. Also s/o to Elder Mixon photobombing in the back.










No comments:

Post a Comment