Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane!

Hola amigos y familia!

I officially only have a week left in the MTC! This time next Tuesday, I'll be in California! I'm SO excited. I also can't believe that it's been almost 6 weeks! Some days it felt like 6 weeks would never end. We got our travel plans this week and I'll be leaving the MTC at 4:20am next Tuesday. SO EXCITING!

This week honestly is such a blur. The days went by so quickly, I can't believe it's Pday again today. It was a week full of laughter and some hard moments as usual. I've made so many dear friends here and had so many wonderful moments. 

I think the greatest thing that I learned this week is something I already knew and was just reminded of. I sat in the Provo Temple this morning, thinking about my testimony of Christ and this gospel and was overwhelmed by a sense of peace. I realized that I know that Christ lives. It's not just a belief or something that I hope is true, it's something that I honestly know, just like I know that the sky is blue. It's not something that I doubt or wonder about, I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that God loves me. I feel so grateful that I know these things, and that I get to share this knowledge with the people in California! 

I definitely don't know everything - I think my knowledge is summed up in this scripture from the Book of Mormon. A prophet named Nephi is asked by a messenger from God, "Knowest thou the condescension of God?" and Nephi replies, "I know that He loveth His children, nevertheless I do not know the meaning of all things." (1 Nephi 11: 16-17) I feel exactly like Nephi! I don't know everything, and I don't know the answers to all the questions that I have or that others have. However, I know with absolute surety that God loves His children! He loves me, and He loves each of you. I think it's so cool that the God and Creator of this world knows and loves each of His children individually. 

With this being the last week in the MTC, all mail (DearElders, packages, letters, etc) sent here to me needs to arrive by Saturday so I make sure to receive it. If you want to send something to me after this time in the MTC, the address for the mission home in California is on my blog! This is where everything should be sent for the next 17 months.

Thank you all for your support and love and prayers! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends and family surrounding me. I am thankful for each one of you.

God be with you! Te amo!

Sister Sarah Hirschi | California Arcadia Mission

MTC Address: 
Sister Sarah Hirschi
NOV01 CA-ARC
2005 N 900 E Unit 259
Provo, UT 84602


​Pictures:
1. My district and I found this MormonAd this week and wow it's so true. Keep us updated! We love any and all news from our friends and families :) 
2. WE HAVE OUR TRAVEL PLANS! We were so excited.
3. My sweet friends and sisters! Four of these sisters left this morning and yesterday for their missions.
4. I'm SO excited to go to California! Flight plans made it even more exciting.
5. Hermanas Rolfson and Wheelwright! I love them! 
6. Hermana Flores and I with Hermana Deakin. She's amazing. (Also s/o to the elders photobombing in the background)
7. All the Spanish speaking hermanas with our "MTC Dad" President Price. We love him!
8. All the beautiful hermanas again! 
9. Pajama selfies with our hermanas!
10. Hermana Flores and I with Hermana Machlachlan! We love her.
11. Hermana Rolfson and I! She's going to BYU after her mission too, so we're already planning our reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment